Saturday, July 20, 2013

197. Excelsior

Practically eight in the evening now. Eight. eight. 8. 

Another lazy Saturday has but slipped away. Started off productively enough, with my ambitious scheduling of EE research (9 - 12) and CAS journal write-ups (1 - 3) and UCAS essay brainstorming (4 - 6). But then I got sidetracked at around noon by a novel. Not of the junk-food-of-books variety that I read to pass time and generally avoid getting around to Things I Should Be Doing, but rather, one which came off an admired author's recommend list.


It started off innocently enough, but I was soon swept into a five-hour reading marathon that saw any remnants of a productive day shot to hell.

Other snippets of the run-away-hours include the deeply philosophical discussion with grandparents over lunch, on how in the Chinese language, there are melon varieties associated with East, South, and West, but strangely not the North. The conclusion of this serious and insightful conversation was that the North probably did not see to many specialized melons, or much vegetation at all for the matter, growing in its not-exactly-favourable climate. And that was that.

Of course, there was also the hour I wasted trying to find a decent email penpal online. Annoyed by the multitude of websites that turned out to operate like dating agencies, I eventually gave up and amused myself by eating Nutella straight out of the jar. 

I supposed I will try to get on the to-do-list tomorrow, then? Time to go on that run.

No comments:

Post a Comment